The good news: it was quiet this afternoon, because Mary was out at a knitting worksop.
The bad news: I had to spend most of the time doing our taxes. It went fine, it was just time-consuming.
I think it’s terrible when I have to be an adult and do things like taxes and clean the house and cook and stuff like that when I could be blogging and visiting all my blogging friends. Which reminds me, look for the post on the technical aspects of simulcasting your blog that was promised in my co-host post on the A to Z Challenge blog on Monday. A couple of things are in a state of flux as of yesterday.
I think most of you have already signed up for this year’s challenge, but if you’re one of those who is still holding out, now is a great time to drop everything and run, don’t walk, over to the A to Z Challenge site and sign up to participate. Here are some reasons why.
- It’s great fun.
- You’ll meet a lot of new people, bloggers from all over the world, and get a sense of the good things they’re doing at their blogs.
- You’ll get a ton of new traffic at your blog, making blogging even more rewarding than it already is. This is especially important if you’re looking to make money with your blogging. If you’re an accountant, for example, you could do the ABC’s of tax preparation. Demonstrating your ability using an A to Z approach could get you a few phone calls and new business.
- It is a challenge to come up with a word or term for each letter of the alphabet based on a theme. Even if you choose to go without a theme, coming up with a word or term that starts with each letter of the alphabet is a good mental exercise. Pretty soon, you’ll be seeing word lists in your mind. If you blog or write on a daily basis like I do, that can be a tremendous resource for those days when you don’t know what to write about.
- You get a badge, like the one above, suitable for framing, and if you survive the month, you get another one. Just like with NaNoWriMo!
- Did I mention it’s great fun?
So, what are you waiting for? Click the badge above and see what we have in store for April.