They’re forecasting snow for us tonight, so we know what that means…
They’re predicting almost an inch! Ermahgerd! Anyway…
Next Thursday, Mary and I will be married 38 years. Mary tells me it’s the yarn anniversary, but then, every anniversary is the yarn anniversary. Anyway, someone posted the WLS Survey from January 21, 1978, the week before we were married, on Facebook, and I thought it might be fun to look at the top five songs from that day, as a simple Friday Five.
- Short People – Randy Newman: Nobody’s favorite song, but it made it pretty far up the chart, all the way up to #2 before starting its descent a couple of weeks later. Must not have been that unpopular.
- You’re In My Heart – Rod Stewart: This was the highest this got on the survey.
- Here You Come Again – Dolly Parton: And a happy 70th the other day to the wonderful Ms. Parton. Many, many more, Dolly.
- Runaround Sue – Leif Garrett: Teen heartthrob Leif had the world by the tail at this point. Now he’s doing shows like “World’s Dumbest Criminals” with Tonya Harding and Todd Bridges.
- We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions – Queen: You hear the drum bit at the beginning at baseball games, particularly when the home team is batting. Still a great song.
And that’s your Friday Five for January 22, 2016. Have a good weekend and stay safe and warm.